Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What's new

It's only Tuesday and this week has been full of opportunities!

Yesterday, I received my employment packet and my official job offer letter. It sure is a lot of paperwork to fill out!

Josh also has been keeping busy with a leadership course this week (it is required before he begins API- aviation preflight indoctrination). He seems to be enjoying it so far.

Josh also went to a basketball tryout/information session last night to see if he might be interested in playing basketball through an intramural league (it's called "Captains Cup").

Last, but not least, Josh may have the opportunity to get a "family" membership with a few other flight students to one of the nicest golf courses in the area (apparently Boo Weekly has it as a course of record or something like that).

I have been feverishly studying for my occupational therapy exam, as I will likely receive notice of my eligibility to test any day now. The licensing body has received my transcripts and they are now processing my letter to test.

Although I would prefer our busyness for the week stopped there, I received a letter today requesting that I submit my research proposal for consideration at the Congress of Spinal Cord Medicine and Rehabilitation Conference (sponsored by the American Spinal Injury Association). There's just one problem- the deadline is THURSDAY and I'm supposed to be studying! This is an incredible opportunity, so I will be considering it through this evening and I will make a decision by tomorrow. The Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of the Delaware Valley is even willing to pay for my expenses to present at this conference (it is in Dallas in September).

Well, that's a little taste of our week for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment