It seems life has been in fast-forward motion ever since we were married (really, even before that)and we are looking forward to when life settles down a little. However, we are so thankful for the opportunities we had as a couple in 2008 and we are looking forward to a great year in 2009!
Yesterday I had two interviews with the same company (just at two different locations)- they went very well. Although every place of employment will have disadvantages, this place really seems to be potentially a great fit for me (and for Josh for that matter!)
I have been offered a job with the company I interviewed with yesterday and they have offered me a great salary (above the national average for my profession- very surprising for this part of the country and as a new grad). Today I was also able to further discuss options with this potential employer and they have now offered me a sign on bonus, an "agreement" that states I will be guaranteed a 40-hour work week (I would be paid hourly- this was initially a concern that sometimes therapists at the facility are sent home if there is a low census or not enough work to do), and an "agreement" that I would be paid for travel time and mileage if I needed to go to one of their 5 other facilities in order to get all of my 40 hours in (however, the director does not seem to think this will be an issue).
Aside from benefits and pay, there would also be potential for me to be mentored by another OT (Occupational Therapist) with 15 years of experience who works at this facility. Anyways, I could go on, but I am excited about this opportunity and hope to make a decision as soon as I hear from the first company I interviewed with (back in mid-December). I should hear some time this week.
Other than spending time on my Job search, Josh and I have been trying to settle into our area. We visited a different Church on Sunday (we liked it, however, there wasn't anyone our age there), we have plans to meet the neighbors, and we are very excited to go to our first Yoga class together on board Wednesday night. We've also enjoyed a visit to the bowling alley on base with a friend of Josh's and look forward to taking advantage of the $3 movie showings soon!
As far as living in a home vs. an apartment- it has certainly been an adventure! We are loving the challenges of "figuring it all out" (e.g. how do you weed your lawn when that is all your lawn is made of?!) Josh has also done a beautiful job sanding and painting one of our dressers to match the dresser we had painted before our wedding. It sure is fun to have a garage for projects and storage!
As you can see, there are so many fun things to do, it has been quite challenging to muster up the motivation to study, however, I am slowly getting there as a realize how soon my exam could be!
Josh is enjoying himself as well- today he had a physical exam to make sure he is healthy enough to be a Naval Flight Officer and he passed with flying colors! He is also enjoying himself on the golf course and the tennis courts (we played this Sunday). He has been so helpful around the house and I really appreciate having him around so much.
We are so grateful for the many blessings in our lives and we are thankful for great family and friends to keep in touch with.
Thanks for reading and thank you for keeping my sister, Heidi in your prayers. She has been so encouraged by the flood of people interested in praying for her! For more updates on her health feel free to visit her blog at www.hope4heidi.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment