Monday, January 19, 2009

Golfin in January

While it has been a bit chillier here, I don't dare complain, as I have heard about the weather up north! I thought I'd post a few pictures from some fun outings (and innings):

comforting Edgar after the "big boys" came over to play some Rock Band in his room.

Cosmic Bowling- it's a great deal onboard (Saturday and Tuesday nights). Josh is thinking of joining the intramural league after the basketball ends.

We discovered that Pensacola does have some nicer restaurants downtown (other than your classic Ruby Tuesdays and Sonic). This place, "Dharma Blue" was kind of cool- creative sushi in a neat atmosphere with all sorts of artwork from local artists. We'd like to try the place next to this one some time- it's Italian.

Outside the restaurant

Josh's flight school buddy and his girlfriend at the restaurant

On Josh's favorite 9 holes of the Navy course, "Bayview"

Josh and I on the course- I only managed to play a few holes- my wrists are hurting from all of the mouse clicking I've been doing for my practice tests (600 questions the day before)

"Bo"- just taking up golf but you wouldn't know it!

Isn't he handsome? I think so :)



A video of Josh swinging right by the bridge that goes to the "main gate" onboard. Pretty view!

As you can see, I am "tapering" for my exam, haha. I will take my exam Wednesday and then Josh and I are looking forward to a weekend away at Aunt Gail and Uncle Jasper's place in West Palm Beach. If my temporary license arrives in time, I hope to start work next wednesday (Jan 28). If not, I am sure I can find plenty to do exploring our area.

Well, thanks for taking the time to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment