
Here are some pictures from our visit to Perdido Key today (about a 15 minute drive from our house- this is where most of the Josh's friends live....I guess you can figure why!) We decided not to live on Perdido key because, it is just that (a key)...and it would make my commute to work 15 minutes longer. However, we enjoy visiting the key frequently!

Obie fishing

Josh and Bo...fishing


I was a little chilly sitting on the beach, so I went for a swim for the first time at the indoor pool onboard. It was crowded!
After the beach, Josh, Bo, and I came to our house for a delicious roasted Chicken made in the slow cooker. I discovered today that the slow cooker doesn't need all sorts of liquid (i.e. canned soups, creamy liquids, etc) to cook something. This made me very happy. I sprayed the slow cooker with olive oil and voila- a roasted chicken stuffed with thyme, lemon wedges, and a bay leaf! We also made spaghetti squash for the first time. Bo and Josh were very apprehensive but appeared to enjoy it! It was definitely a night of "firsts" in the kitchen....I've been scared up to this point to make any sort of large piece of meat (i.e. lamb, roasted chicken, a turkey, etc)...but it was quite a liberating and hands-off experience.
That's all for now! We hope you all are having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment