I have unofficially accepted a full-time position at the skilled nursing facility I interviewed at on Monday. I was waiting to hear from the hospital/skilled nursing facility that I interviewed with a month ago and finally got in touch with the rehab director today. Their hiring process requires that all interested candidates receive an interview before a decision is made. They have had a hard time scheduling interviews with some of the candidates, and now think I may not hear from them until late January/ early February (and that a start date could be as late as March). I have indicated that I continue to be interested, as there could be opportunities for me to work PRN for them in pediatrics or acute care, however, I needed to make a decision about my full-time job for now and have chosen to work for the facility that was able to offer me a job currently.
I am very excited to start working soon and will keep myself busy in the meantime doing pre-working paperwork, studying for boards, and paid orientation at the facility. We have set a flexible start date for the facility as Feb 2nd (to begin skilled OT), however, I will probably orient earlier than that.
It really seems just around the corner now! Yipee!
No comments:
Post a Comment