Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Presenting in Dallas

As some of you may remember from an earlier post, I mentioned a few months back that I was submitting a few abstracts for review to see if I might have an opportunity to present some of the SCI (Spinal Cord Injury) research I did with a rehab doc and another OT at Jefferson during my schooling there.

While the abstract for my personal research project was not accepted to be presented at the conference (the qualitative study I did for my final research project), two of the other abstracts that I submitted with the Rehab Doc from Jefferson were accepted!

What does this all mean?

Hopefully, if all goes as planned, I will have an opportunity to present in Dallas, TX at the Congress of Spinal Cord Medicine Conference (September 23-26, 2009). I will be presenting and publishing alongside the rehab doctor that I worked closely with during my last year at Jefferson. In the next several months we will be communicating long-distance to create a final presentation and a publication. I am thrilled to have an opportunity like this so early in my career and hope to maintain these types of connections throughout the years ahead.

I apologize if anything mentioned above is incoherent or difficult to understand. I am very tired from work! This week I have had 13 visits each day and I am loving my job. My patients come in all shapes and sizes and I enjoy them very much.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment