Sunday, March 8, 2009

A history lesson for Edgar

Many of you have asked if Edgar ever goes outside and I have always replied, "no no! What if a hawk swooped him up!?"

Yesterday, Josh thought "it was time" for Edgar to get a little history lesson (i.e. learning what it's supposed to be like to be a guinea pig so that he will learn to appreciate his posh lifestyle all the more).
Guinea pigs travel in large families in Peru and they are heavily preyed upon animals (by animals and humans alike).

Although we did not share this piece of information with our little guy, we thought it would be fun to expose him to the great outdoors (very carefully, I might add).

Don't let the aerial view deceive you- he is a very large guinea pig

(Josh coaxing him onto the grass with a green bean)

(Edgar seeking security behind Josh's legs and under the chair)

(Can't I go inside now? What did I do wrong to deserve this?!)
Edgar did take a little nibble on the small amount of grass we have in the back yard, but he was not impressed ;)

(Did I do that??? Only kidding...it's some spilled potting soil)

No comments:

Post a Comment