Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting the inside scoop

Tonight I got a little taste of what flight school will be like for Josh (and I, for that matter). Every few months some of the flight instructors and women from the student spouse club put on an orientation for spouses so that they can see what they will be doing and where they will be doing it. I went with 2 other women who I have met along the way since being down here and we were so happy to have such a neat opportunity. We got to see where their "training squadron" will be, we got to step into three different types of planes that they may fly in and navigate in throughout their training, and we also went to the simulator building to see where they do their simulator flights. We got a little dizzy standing in the simulator as we watched the screen turn as if we were in the front of an airplane.

It was a great night of learning and meeting others. I feel like I learn a little more every time I go to something like this and I am looking forward to learning as we go along as well. It will be neat to have a picture in my mind of what Josh is doing when he says he is going for a "sim" or to fly in a T-6.

Well, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment