





Josh and I have been keeping quite busy lately as the school year begins for both of us (Josh has transitioned into a new role of swim instructor/assistant and rifle team assistant coach with the new school year). In the midst of our busyness though, we have found wonderful opportunities to spend time with family and friends. Two weekends ago we enjoyed going to CT to visit the Albright family and extended family. The whole immediate Albright family was there and it was a special time (see pics of Josh and Truly ;)). We even got to meet some relatives that we had not met before who were visiting Josh's grandmother.
This past week I had an opportunity to spend some time with my mom as she drove down to Virginia to bring some family treasures (paintings, china, heirlooms) to CT from my Grandma and Granddad Gropp's house in preparation for the house to be sold. I happened to admire a beautiful buffet in my grandparent's dining room and came to find it hadn't been spoken for by my parents, aunts, or uncles. I was so excited to be given such a beautiful piece from my grandparent's. When we moved it into our apartment, I was curious if it would fit a beautiful silver tea set given to Josh and I by my mom's parents (Nan and Pop), as we had not been able to purchase something to display it on yet. I excitedly unwrapped the silver treasures and found new "homes" for many of the nice wedding gifts we received in the buffet drawers and found that the tea set fit perfectly on top of the buffet! See pictures :) It is so wonderful to have such beautiful family treasures displayed in our apartment. Josh and I keep oohing and ahhing at them :).
For the rest of the weekend Josh and I enjoyed having my mom visit. It poured and poured outside, but we enjoyed playing a new card game called quiddler and making new and yummy recipes together. It was so fun to show her where we live and to introduce her to some of our friends.
Now we're off to begin a new week!
No comments:
Post a Comment