This past Saturday, Luke, Erika, and I ran a 5k in Solomon's Island Maryland (about an hour away from Annapolis, MD). It's a quaint and pretty town that lays between the Paxtuxent River and the Chesapeake Bay. Josh wished he could have ran as well, but he had to be in class at the last minute for flight school.
We had a blast running this race, as it was a fundraiser for a local animal shelter that has been a "no kill" shelter since the 70's. Runners were allowed to run with their dogs if they wanted! It was a lighthearted and fun race. Erika nicely ran along side of me the whole race and I actually surprised myself by finishing in under 30 minutes!
Prior to beginning the race, we were standing next to a Chihuahua and its owner and Luke joked that if we couldn't beat the Chihuahua, we wouldn't have a ride home....well- guess what?? it beat us! Haha. (see pic pf dog below).
At the end of the race we got doggie bags full of fun stuff. Being that Josh and I don't have a dog of our own, we let Edgar try out the plastic IAMS dog bowl they gave us (see video below)- he seemed to think it was rather tasty (do you think maybe it was because it was green???)
See this link for the website of the shelter the race was in support of: http://www.humanesocietyofcalvertcounty.org/
Erika and I
Luke and Erika
after the race- it was a beautiful and cool day
Chihuahua that beat us
Thanks for checking out our blog! I won't be emailing blog updates anymore, but we will be updating our blog every week or so. Feel free to hang onto our blog web address and check it out from time to time :) www.joshandwhits.blogspot.com We love and miss you all!
Hey Whit!! I just wanted to see how you are and to say that I love reading your blog! Your little piggy is SOOO cute!! I hope things are going well for you!! Keep in touch!!
ReplyDelete