Just a quick update to say that Josh has made it through his first week of API with success. He passed his first test in Aerodynamics 1 on Monday. Thursday he will have a test in Weather and then Monday he will have a test in Aerodynamics 2. He has been keeping busy with studying, classes, and water survival tests. Today he had to swim for 30 minutes in a flight suit, heavy boots, and a vest. He also treaded water for 3 minutes and had to float for 9 minutes in this gear. It all sounds very exciting!
Josh is a great student. I say this not only because he's such a smarty, but also because he has such a great sense of balance even when he needs to retain a lot of information. He seems to know just when he needs a break to debrief so that he will be more productive later. While I've sometimes thought that he doesn't need those breaks (as I really wasn't able to live a very balanced life when in school) I now see how well he knows what he needs to know and how well he knows himself.
Now onto week 2.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment