Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter

(I can't take credit for the catchy title, as Matt phrased it earlier today, but in light of all the photos below of Edgar, I thought I would include it ;) )

Matt Arrived March 16th and boy has time flown. A few weeks later, Josh and Matt's "Gramps" came for a nice visit from Monday to Friday of this past week. AND- Matt's girlfriend Stephanie was here for a visit from last Monday until tomorrow.

It has certainly been a whirlwind but we have loved having so many visitors nearby, especially around a holiday.

Surprisingly, in almost seven years, Josh and I cannot recall being together on an Easter weekend, so it was special indeed ;).

While Gramps was here we had a nice roast in the slow cooker, homemade Macaroni and Cheese with ham (Mom Albright's recipe), and ate out at our favorite Mexican restaurant nearby. This week was also Master's week for golf, so there was plenty of golf recordings to catch up on in the evenings. Josh and Gramps played golf every day. Gramps also got a chance to check out the Naval Aviation Museum while Josh was working one day.





Edgar quickly won the hearts of Stephanie and Gramps. Gramps began referring to Edgar as "Oscar" and it stuck the rest of the time he was here. Edgar didn't seem to mind if it meant more attention.

(Matt and Stephanie feeding the little guy)



(as the week progressed, so did Edgar's love for Stephanie's attention to him)

Saturday Matt, Stephanie, Josh, and I played 18 holes of golf. Stephanie and I alternated every other hole. It was so much fun!









Then Easter Sunday the Easter Bunny kindly visited Edgar before church :)

(they seem to have similar taste) ;)

We have finally settled in on a church and really enjoyed the Easter service.

After church we went to Lost Key Golf Club for brunch. I have had a terribly long week of work and it was so nice to just enjoy the weekend instead of cooking and shopping for a meal. It was such a wonderful meal. We had lobster bisque, crab cake eggs benedict, all kinds of meats, smoked salmon, cheesecake, and more! It was a wonderful and relaxing afternoon.





We wanted Edgar to feel a part of the day, so we took some family pictures after brunch in front of our house.














(although this looks like we were posing, we were really just passing him off to each other, haha)

(he actually ate a few blades of grass this time)




If you've made it this far I am impressed! One last tidbit is that Josh will be beginning flight school in two weeks on April 24th. This first bit of his training will be 6 weeks long and then he may have another wait before beginning the next section. We'll just have to take it one step at a time!

Happy Easter to all! He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment