Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Occupational Therapy....Here I come!

It has been a long road to pursue my career in occupational therapy (or at least it has certainly seemed that way at times)! Today I felt I made some progress towards actually working as an "OT" some day....finally!

Today I applied to take my boards and applied for Florida licensure- fun, but expensive business apparently!

Just when I thought we were done with all the "fees" related to becoming an OT, there was another around the corner. Oh well, just the way it is I suppose.

Tomorrow I will take an online course in medical error prevention. In two weeks I will get my CPR re-certification. And in a few months I will actually take my boards.

On another note,

I suppose part of being a big girl and getting a job means having a more versatile form of transportation rather than "going into work" with the hubby when I need to run errands. Josh and I had fun test driving some cars and hope to get me a set of wheels before I begin my job. I have historically not particularly enjoyed driving, however, I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf in the new year and feel safe and confident at the wheel, rather than depending on my trusty and loving chauffeur all the time.

Edgar can testify to the fact that it's not easy getting old and having responsibilities-after all, he actually had to move "downstairs" in his guinea palace while I cleaned the "upstairs" (shelf). Today I noticed that our tailored "plan my move" calendar (courtesy of the military) suggested we begin talking with our "children" about the upcoming move and select "age appropriate" books as a resource- I considered writing them for suggestions on books to provide our beloved guinea pig, but somehow, I think he'll make it....as long as green beans are involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment