...Just don't!
I knew today might be challenging- after all- we had too easy of a day yesterday:
We got to infant massage on time and Cam actually participated in the class rather than snacking under the nursing cover the whole time, and we made it to our appointment after class on time- and I had time to feed the little guy!
Yesterday Cam was weighed again and he is growing great- He's gone from 6 pounds 15 ounces two weeks ago to 8 pounds 2 ounces! This puts him in the 30th percentile for his weight and age. I thought his diapers were getting a little small! He has grown an inch as well (from 21 to 22). Everything else was great too- the doctor was very happy. We are so blessed with a healthy, happy baby.
Well, that brings us to today:
Teddy has had a little (I mean a lot) pent up energy lately, so I knew today had to be a dog park day even if I wasn't ready for it. We got up bright and early with Daddy at 7:15 and got ready for the day in order to run an errand near the park and be able to leave Teddy in the car briefly while it was cooler out. I realized Cam had a dirty diaper and should have changed it in that parking lot because Teddy yaps very annoyingly non-stop until we go inside the park when we arrive to the dog park lot. Cam was already strapped into his seat though, so I drove on, knowing what I was getting myself into. We got to the park and sure enough Teddy began yapping. I quickly tried to gather my stuff together (stroller, nursing cover just in case, a diaper, and some wipes) rather than just bringing the whole diaper bag. Believe me, we've tried ignoring the behavior but the yapping just doesn't stop, so we just have to get out of the car as quickly as possible! We rushed into the park so I could let Teddy loose and off he ran! I found a shady spot to change Cam in the stroller and got to work- boy was it dirty! I kept him covered while trying to put a clean diaper on and keep the other dogs in the park from coming up and licking the little guy and then it happened- old faithful showed up- again, and again, and again- soaking the stroller, his whole outfit, and almost soaking his one clean diaper. I was tempted to just pack up our stuff and leave, but I just couldn't handle bringing Teddy home without getting some energy out of him! I wiped Cam down head to toe with wipes as he shrieked and put the new diaper on and put my naked baby under my nursing cover to eat. That's when Teddy decided to start yapping at the other people/dogs in the park. I could tell they were annoyed so I started hunting around the park for a ball to throw for him while nursing Cam. No balls to be found! Finally, I found one lone ball and began to throw the ball as far as I could into the water so it would take him a while to come back (all the while my nursing cover is flapping in the wind- eek!) We get into our routine of fetch and Cam is unphased by it all thankfully. Cam finishes eating and I put him in the carrier to go for a walk in the woods (fenced in for 1 mile) so that people wouldn't judge me for having a naked baby at the park, haha. He was all snuggled up and off we went! We walked the mile and then all of a sudden, Teddy was missing. I spent the next 30 minutes calling for Teddy. Finally he came running out of the woods- Cam and I were sweating and ready to go home. I washed Teddy off, put some clothes on Cam in the car, and headed home- I was starving and the three of us needed baths! Not that having my diaper bag nearby would have solved really any of the problems, but it would have been helpful! I am so thankful for such a laid back baby, as I have quite the toddler and teenager all rolled into one dog in Teddy. I am happy to say we are all bathed and fed and no worse for the wear- just a little tired! Do I dare run out to do more pre-deployment errands this afternoon?
No comments:
Post a Comment