Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Milestones

Well, it has been awhile since my last post. We have been busy living life! I won' probably be able to remember everything that has happened recently, but I will certainly try!

Briefly, some milestones we've enjoyed watching Cameron achieve: 3 weeks 2 days- rolled over belly to back several times, 5 weeks 2 days- first smile (at the bumble bee in his seat and then at Daddy), 5 weeks 3 days- first slept through the night 7 hours! At birth he weighted 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 21 inches long, at 2 weeks he weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 22 inches long, at 4 weeks he weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and was 22 1/4 inches long, at 5 weeks he weighed in at 8 pounds 10 ounces and went to the Dr for his first cold :(. Cameron has amazed us in so many ways, but mostly just by the way we have been able to see "the fingerprints of God" through his life. We cannot stop marveling at God's creation.

Well, what are some other things that happened this month? Teddy turned two on May 23rd! We celebrated with Aunt Gail and Gramps by taking him to the dog park- it was quite the spectacle- and HOT. Do the terrible twos apply to dogs? Because I think they just may! Teddy doesn't seem to mind sharing the spotlight when it is just our immediate family, but he has been rather attention seeking when many people are in the house- oh boy! Edgar made his way to his vacation home a few days ago as well. A sweet 8 year old girl from church plans to watch him while I visit family. I can tell by the pictures he is in heaven with all of the attention- and green beans of course! She e-mails me frequently and updates me on how he is doing which take the sting of missing him away a bit.

We have had many visitors since Cam was born. More recently Gramps, Grandma Ann, and Aunt Gail and Uncle Jasper came for a visit. It was sweet to see family! We had a lot of laughs. After they left Dad A arrived and had Cam all to himself :). Dad helped Cam, Teddy, and I see Josh off on deployment. It was nice to have him there- especially after Josh left and things on the homefront seemed to crumble and need attention all of a sudden!

Josh left on Friday and we miss him terribly but we are all doing well. I won't talk much about this hear in order to protect Josh and his squadron mates. Updates in person will be easier.

Since Josh left Cameron has continued to sleep about 8 hours a night, waking up to eat around 6, and then sleeping a few more hours. It's been nice to leave behind the 1 am, 3 am, and 5 am diaper changes for sure ;). They may be back, but I'll take what I can!

Well, I'm off to CT soon to visit with family and I can't wait! Here I come!
The fam
laughing at "grumps"
My boys
stealing one last kiss goodbye


Smiling at Daddy
Cam's first time awake while Josh was on skype was today so we decided to sit him in the bumbo seat so he could have daddy all to himself. He was so alert! Cam just loves listening to Daddy's voice read him his Bible stories every night with his "daddy blanket" (smells like him)- most times he falls right asleep!

First time sitting in the Bumbo seat at 6 weeks- he only lasted a few minutes holding his head up like this but boy is he strong! I don't think this seat is really intended for a 6 week old, but he seemed to really love having a different perspective of the house from the coffee table!

No comments:

Post a Comment