Saturday, February 5, 2011

Land of the Free...Because of the Brave

I saw this quote, "Land of the free...Because of the brave" on a doctor's door at the Naval Hospital a few days ago and it really struck me. I have always been proud of the men and women who serve our country so bravely, but not in the same way as I have felt it lately. At VP-10's change of command ceremony I was overwhelmed with pride in our service men and women, however, especially for my husband and brother in law. Maybe it's the hormones or maybe it's an acute awareness of what it takes to be in the military, but I actually shed a tear while the national anthem was being played- not something I can say I have ever done before. I am so thankful for these brave men below and what they do for our country- I am even more thankful that they do it unto the Lord. It was a unique opportunity to snap a few pictures of the brothers as part of one squadron before Matt departs for his new duty station.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It happens to me at military ceremonies too, and I rarely get emotional with anything else. There's something about being married to the military and knowing that your spouse and dearest friends volunteer to put themselves in harm's way for you and the cause of freedom. It's pride, appreciation and gratitude all wrapped up in one, and somehow the solemnity of ceremonies makes the emotions get a little out of control.

    ReplyDelete