Thursday, December 10, 2009

Did I mention the wait part?

In one of the last posts I quoted the often used term in the military "Hurry up and wait", and while I thoroughly explained all of the ways in which we were hurrying at the time, I failed to note that at some point we would wait...and wait...and wait- without notice.

Josh and I arrived to the new house Tuesday and found out that our household goods shipment would not arrive until Monday. Had we known this, we would have packed more clothes and everyday luxuries, however, we did not, and here we are- sitting in a very large, empty house with an air mattress, a box of cereal, Teddy, and Edgar.

I say all of this with a sense of humor, as we are truly blessed. We praise God for our safe travels and for adventures such as these which challenge us to rely more on the Lord and grow as a couple (even when one has to wake up in the middle of the night to blow up the air mattress a little more!)

We have been doing things a little backwards as a result of the change in plans. Waiting for our shipment has given us a chance to clean the house thoroughly so that we can immediately unpack, have cable and internet installed, do some yard work, grocery shop, and make minor home improvements (e.g. replacing light bulbs, replace yucky filters etc).

Today I (Whitney) had my first interview and it went very well. I will have a lot to think about in the next few days. My next interview is on Tuesday (after our shipment arrives on Monday)

See below for 3 videos of the empty house for a better idea of our new place! (Push the small triangle button in the bottom left corner to play video). Saturday the power-washer men will come to clean the outside of the house, the deck/landing, and the driveway (courtesy of our landlord- ah, to be renters :)).










No comments:

Post a Comment