Thursday, September 3, 2009

Staycation

My Calvin roommate came for a visit this week. It had been 3 years since we last saw one another but it certainly did not seem that way! We had a blast touring the area (most things I had never done before) and spending time with one another. Josh was very busy this week flying, so it was mostly a girls week- I loved having some time off and visiting with a great friend.

See pictures below:


Blue angels airshow in front of Fat Albert- an old Marine made me wear his hat in order to take our picture



Blue angels in action- at some points they were 18 inches apart from each other

Museum of Naval Aviation- Emily and I went to an IMAX about fighter pilots- it was very informative. I had no idea that airplanes refueled in the air!

at the museum



In the cockpits



Playing rockband with Teddy and Josh



Snuggles with Teddy

We spent almost every day at a different beach (Gulf Shores, AL; Perdido Key, FL; Pensacola Beach, FL)



The water looked different almost every day- this day it was beautiful and green/blue




Out to eat (we also ate at Peg Leg Pete's and The Fish House-two local eateries we've been encouraged to check out since living here)

Visiting a very well known fish market in Pensacola- it was huge!

At Fort Barrancas- Emily and I went on a guided tour (where we were the only ones). Did you know that the Civil War almost started in Pensacola? Did you know that Pensacola was occupied by The Spanish, then the British, then France, and finally the U.S.- (or maybe I got the order wrong)?

This fort is on base (on the "mainland") and we were able to look out at Fort Pickens on the left and Fort McRee on the right- both beaches now in Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key respectively

At Fort Barrancas just beyond the draw bridge

Some other things that we enjoyed were: going to a water park, out for ice cream, and bowling with some friends

It was a packed and fun-filled week!

Now back to work for two days and then onto a road trip to Pennsylvania for a wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment