Well, after 3 rather "money/productivity" focused phone interviews, I was beginning to think this is just what health care has come to! While I have many potential job opportunities simmering, I learned of a really neat opportunity today.
I had a phone interview with a rehab coordinator (and Physical Therapist) today that seemed to go really well. It was more of an interview than the others really because the other 3 went something like this: when can you start? How much do you want to make?
This interview actually required thought! I was rather stumped by some of her questions (e.g. how do you measure success?), but hopefully I managed to come up with an impressive answer ;).
I learned a lot about the facility and what they are currently looking for. They are looking for an OT to either work only at their skilled nursing facility or to split the day in half and work half the day at the acute care hospital and half of the day at the long term care facility. One neat thing about this facility is that there could be opportunities to get a wide range of experiences (with pediatrics at the hospital, adults, and older adults). Anyways, I have an "official" peer interview where I will be asked questions by a panel of therapists at the facility on December 15th. It seems so far away but I know these next several weeks will fly by!
One really neat thing about the facility is the opportunity available to be mentored by other therapists and to provide care to people regardless of whether or not they can pay for it (a very similar mission to Jefferson Hospital where I did a clinical that I enjoyed).
Well, that's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment