Josh has been flying for a week now and has gone to fly just about every day. We're very thankful that the weather has held up overall so that the process can happen in a timely manner, as he is supposed to finish his requirements within a month's time.
Josh has shown me on google maps a few satellite pictures of where he has been flying to- pretty cool! It's a whole new world that I know/knew nothing about. For right now, he flies for about an hour with an instructor who has another set of controls. By 13 hours of flying (cumulative), he will need to do his first "solo" flight where the instructor is not in the plane. I'm sure he'll do great!
Click here to see a satellite picture of the airport Josh has been flying out of
Click here to see a more zoomed out picture of the area he flies around (Sometimes he goes around by "Kent Island" (See map) and other times he goes to "Easton Airport", lands, and then takes off again to go back to Lee Airport.
I can't remember the name of the airplane he is flying but I did manage to find a picture of it on their website. I believe the type of plane he flies has wings on top of the "Body" (incorrect lingo) of the plane (so that would be the plane on the left). Can you believe they fit 3 people in there?! (Instructor and 2 students). See below:
Well, that's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment