Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thank Goodness for Grace


Tonight while we listened to Daddy read us a Bible story, we were reminded of God's "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love"...I'm not always good at this kind of gracious love...but my prayer is that Cameron would grow into a man who desires to imitate this kind of love to others so that souls will be won for Christ in spite of my imperfect way of showing this kind of love.

A funny story that showed Cameron's patient and gracious personality shining through happened tonight:

It's been a busy weekend hanging out with Grandma and Grandad and the three dogs while Mom and Dad get some R and R...Cameron has patiently taken it all in stride....even when I foolishly took him up two flights of stairs diaperless (don't ask why) to give him a bath and quickly placed him in the empty tub so I wouldn't get soaked (if you know what I mean) and I turned the spigot on to quickly discover the shower setting was on- Cameron was sprayed with cold shower water all over his body and just made a confused and fearful face about it without crying and then went on to coo and giggle when I got some warm tub water going....if only I could coo and giggle a little more at the inconsequential things in order to love others well.

Thanks Cam for keeping Daddy and I humble :). We love you SO SO much and we pray that our love for you can closely mirror the never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love that your heavenly father shows you so that we might help you to turn your eyes to him always.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment