Although it is only Wednesday, I wanted to post a few updates on our week so far, as it has been a big week for both of us starting up our jobs here in Jax!
As for my (Whitney) job, so far I have had 3 days of orientation. It has involved a lot of reading of manuals in binders and on the computer, as well as in person lectures. While all of these things have been rather boring, I do not believe it has any bearing on how great my eventual job will be! My patience and trust in the Lord has really been tested this week, as I have been in suspense about where I will be working in the hospital, who my supervisor will be, and no one seems to know that I was hired to be a 32 hr employee as opposed to a 40 hr employee! Today I was able to receive some clarification on all of the confusion and will know tomorrow morning what unit I will officially begin on. Regardless of the unit, I think I will be very happy. I spent half the day today observing on the "Transitional Care Unit" which is very similar to what I was doing in Pensacola at The Haven, however, most of the patients here do not have the ability to pay and tend to have more severe diagnoses. At my last job my patients were absolutely not allowed to come to their therapy in a hospital gown. At the "TCU", almost all of the patients are in hospital gowns because they do not have clothes or anyone to bring them clothes- many of them are homeless....more to follow as the job unfolds.
Josh and Paul began their first week of flight training at VP-30 and will have their first test tomorrow (Thursday)! They seem to be doing very well considering the large amount of books they were issued on Monday. Apparently so far some of the lectures have been a review and other things have been new.
We have been enjoying also having Josh's brother stay with us the last few days. He hopes to line up a lease very soon and will be living about 5 minutes away! It is such a blessing to have a family member and friend close by.
Teddy has been holding down the fort. Please excuse the delay in Teddy photographs. Upon our arrival to Jacksonville in January Teddy received his first "adult" schnauzer haircut- they practically skinned him and his is just now getting to a point where he can hold his head high again! We were all a little traumatized by it. In addition to having difficulties getting used to his new "do", he has been very cold with less hair lately- and that means extra cuddles!
In other news, Paul just received a very large bean bag in the mail for his abode upstairs
here he is trying to get a "scale" picture
it hardly made it up the stairs in the packaging- not sure if it will make it down the stairs ever again now that it is full size!
Josh rolled up like a "pig in a blanket"
trying to expand the bean bag
at last!
Well, that's all for now!
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment