Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brewery, Bible study, Buddies, Bogies, and Bags of leaves!

That about sums up our week so far!

This week we went to the Anheuser Busch Brewery in Jacksonville and learned a lot of different things about the beer brewing process! After our tour we had a chance to taste a few of the brews.




There's some new winter brew out that Josh tried- very tasty

Packing area

One of these tanks holds about 67,000 six packs. Also, it takes about a month to make beer from start to finish.

(pictured here is the beginning of the process)- this room smelled kind of funny- which was apparently the "hops"

This week we also had a chance to attend our first Officer's Christian Fellowship meeting. It was a smaller group, however, we had sweet fellowship and a great study of the word in Ecclesiastes. What is so neat is that the group had been praying for others to come to OCF, as the group would have dissolved temporarily being that only one couple would have been left starting in February due to people moving away- and the Lord answered their prayers and ours for an OCF group!

Last night we had a chance to have some friends over who left Pensacola a little earlier than we had, and although we had originally planned to go to an evening "art walk" at the galleries downtown, we canceled those plans due to colder temperatures ;)

Two days ago I mustered the energy to rake leaves in our small backyard. What started as a small leaf-raking project turned into 21 bags of leaves and pine needles!!!! My thumbs feel bruised and boy am I sore :).

Today, Paul, Josh and I played 9 holes of golf at NAS Jacksonville. Whoever thought they could play 9 holes for $4.50!? We randomly met up with one of the men from our OCF group and he was able to join our group! What was so neat about this is that we had been praying at OCF this week for an opportunity to invite Paul (the guy temporarily living with us) to OCF- he had a chance to meet someone from the group and they really hit it off.

(Josh and Paul)

(The guy from our OCF group)

God is already teaching us a lot about having someone else live in our house and we feel he is definitely working through us- we praise him! Today we went to lunch prior to playing golf and prayed before our food came- after praying Paul said, "I really like that you pray before all of your meals. It makes me feel so good." We pray that those "good feelings" would continue to grow in him and that the Lord would use us as a tool in his life for kingdom purposes!

Josh and I will begin work on Monday, and for the first time, and I can actually say I am excited to start my job. I am really thankful that God has put this attitude in my heart, as I was not feeling quite ready to jump back into the swing of things after a tiring move and busy holiday season. Josh is all checked in and ready to start school. It sounds like this phase of flight school will not be as grueling as "Primary". Although some may already know, Josh has a tentative "winging" (completion of flight school) date: June 10!

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment