Almost exactly a year ago I was looking for an occupational therapy job in Pensacola, FL. Now that we are moving, I am back at my "full time" job of job searching!
This weekend has been incredibly productive! We spent all Saturday looking at rentals in Jacksonville. Then Sunday I spent the whole afternoon applying to jobs and revising my resume.
So far I have applied to the following places:
VA Outpatient clinic (downtown- roughly a 10 minute commute without considering traffic)
St Vincent's Hospital (walking/biking distance from our prospective rental!)
Mayo Clinic (20 minute drive- reverse commute)
Shands Hospital (also downtown)
Baptist Hospital (also downtown which includes Wolfson's Children's too)
Nemours Children's Hospital (also downtown)
Amedysis Home Health
Gentiva Home Health
HCR Manorcare (skilled nursing for a variety of facilities)
EBS Healthcare (travel company that primarily deals with school settings)
I think I've covered it all! Most of these places have listed openings, a few do not and I still submitted a resume.
I am hoping to schedule some interviews before the Christmas holiday, however, I have no idea what to expect being that I'm just applying to jobs now (when we were moving to Pensacola I started applying 2-3 months in advance being that we knew when and where we were going so far in advance).
Anyways, it will be interesting to see what God has in store for us!
More to come...
Hey Whit!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know that I have a friend from Calvin who also lives in the Jacksonville area. Her husband flies Helicopter's for the Navy. Let me know if you are interested in getting in touch with her! Good Luck on your job search!