Thursday, December 18, 2008

I think we could get used to this


This afternoon, after a few hours of studying for myself and a few hours of work for Josh, we enjoyed playing some golf at the course "on board". The course is in pretty good shape for winter and we had a wonderful time! I only played 9- (I kind of peter out after that) and then I walked along with Josh and another gentleman for the second 9. Boy were there some beautiful views! One unique thing about this round of golf was that about every 3-4 minutes a very loud plane/jet flew overhead (pretty low). It was a great excuse when anyone had a bad shot and kinda neat for us newbies to see ;). On the 6th hole we had the pleasure of watching the Blue Angels (FA-18's) fly overhead in formation. They were too quick to get a picture but it gave me goosebumps and boy was it loud!

Well, I think it is safe to say we will be sorry to leave this climate but we are looking forward to the good company in CT. Before we arrive to CT we will make a visit to the Caie's Cabin and spend some time with Josh's grandparents in NC- we can't wait!

Just starting out

Wouldn't go anywhere without my pushcart!

Except, I have to admit Josh has been known to push it 80% of the time...other men on the course have warned him but he doesn't seem to mind ;) I certainly don't! We're progressing from the days when he had to put my ball on the tee in order for me to be willing to play.

Dragging my club around like linus...



I am proud to say no one in our group lost a ball in the water today!

View of the bridge (a bit foggy) that goes to the main gait on board the base

A less foggy view (Josh drives through the "back gate" from our house on his way to work in the morning- it's more direct to where he has to go)

I thought this was pretty

Wings of gold on the other side of the water :)

Well, we decided it would be foolish to get a Christmas tree this year being that we were leaving, so I decided we would sponsor this tree to be our "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment