Friday, March 11, 2011

Special Gifts

Josh and I recently returned from a wonderful visit to Connecticut. We were blessed with an incredible shower for our baby boy. So many wonderful family and friends attended to support us. A highlight of the shower for me was having my mother give a devotional and a prayer for our newest addition. While I've always appreciated my mother's role, I am beginning to notice new treasures about her as a mother as I prepare to become a mother myself.

It was also a fun surprise to read through encouragement and advice shower attendees had put together in a scrapbook :)

We also had the special gift of spending some extra time with Josh's family before he gets ready to deploy in June. The Lord really worked out all of the details fabulously!

One special person from my childhood, Debbie P., who was not able to attend the shower, sent some beautiful and creative gifts to us the other day

What incredible detail!

Again, such thought and detail- and they happen to be my favorite colors!

My favorite item from Debbie was the bunny ears hat, as our little man is due to arrive easter weekend- how perfect!

I also just had to snap a picture of this neat mobile we received from Aunt Melinda- I can't get enough of watching the fish float through the air as if they are swimming against our pretty blue walls. Notice the tiny red worm and fish hook ;)

Two other items I wanted to showcase:

A few years ago I received the rooster on the left with a picture of me holding the rooster from my very dear live-in nanny, Angela. I used to go into her room and ask to hold her letter holder (the rooster) frequently. I'm not sure what the attraction was, but it was so special to receive it after so many years. One day, if we have a little girl, I can't wait to put the picture of my Raggedy Ann patent up from my Grandma and Grandad and my handmade doll chest from Nan and Pop.

At the shower, Mom A surprised us with a picture of the dishes her mother and father gave to her while she was in the hospital having Josh, in addition to the actual china. I am so nervous about them being up on the wall in the event they are somehow knocked over, but it brings both of us such joy to display such treasures and memories.

We are so blessed for so many reasons, but I thought I would share some new and old material memories that have made us feel especially loved and thought of.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment