Last weekend I (Whitney) returned from the Congress on Spinal Cord Injury Medicine conference where I gave a poster presentation of some research I had assisted with during my graduate year at Jefferson. In addition to presenting, I had the opportunity to get continuing education credits for attending several educational sessions from Thursday through Saturday.
I also had the great pleasure of seeing a little more of Dallas, TX with a classmate of mine who recently moved to Texas and lives 2 miles from the conference center I was staying at! (we had some Tex Mex at her favorite restaurant and went out to a specialty frozen yogurt shop called "Yogalicious")
Friday evening I enjoyed having dinner with my Uncle Doug and cousin Ingrid, who also happen to live in Dallas now- what a blessing it was to visit so many wonderful people during a potentially lonely conference without Josh!
What a visit! The presentation went well, I learned a lot, and now I'm onto trying to finish a draft of the article we will publish regarding the research conducted (a soft deadline of the new year is what we will aim for).
I tried posting an image of the presentation, however, it did not seem to work. The title of the poster presentation was: Development of an Objective Test of Upper Limb Function in Tetraplegia: The Capabilities of Upper Extremity Test (CUE-T). If anyone is interested in seeing the presentation, I would be happy to e-mail the file separately.
Thanks for your support in all my endeavors :)
No comments:
Post a Comment